1. Thunder Mountain Railroad was inspired by Southeast Utah Canyons. Disneyland’s was based on Utah’s Bryce Canyon National Park.
2. Dorito’s were created in Disneyland. Casa de Fritos (now Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante) created Doritos by repurposing stale tortillas they bought locally, people loved them so much Frito Lay rolled them out in 1966 everywhere.
3. Human remains are in Pirates of the Caribbean. The Imagineers in 1967 wanted the skulls to look realistic so the obtained real skeletal remains from the UCLA Medical Center. Supposedly, all the real remains have been removed but rumor has it some still exist.
4. The Haunted Mansion is the #1 spot to spread ashes. HEPA cleanup alert, means the ashes of a deceased Disney fan will need to be cleaned up. Some reports claim these happen on a monthly basis, warranting the special code.
5. Disneyland was created for adults to feel like children for the day. Walt Disney intended Disneyland to have educational, amusement and value to entertain adults while their children could do the same. It bridges most generations gaps and makes it fun for everyone.